Hello! By purchasing a Sleep Program with Loving Lessons Sleep Consulting & Postpartum Doula Solutions (hereinafter “Loving Lessons”) and Purchaser (hereinafter “Client”). Collectively, Loving Lessons and Client will be referred to as the “Parties.” The Parties agree to the terms set forth below:
Scope of Services
Loving Lessons will provide the following services:
Loving Lessons is dedicated to helping Clients and Client’s children get a restful night’s sleep. Loving Lessons shares the methods developed by Kim West, LCSW (aka “The Sleep Lady”) and other gentle sleep and parenting solutions that are research based.
The One on One Sleep Coaching Programs:
- The Client will have access to the portal and resource library to get started and prepare for the sleep consultation/ planning session. Loving Lessons requests that Client complete a Client Sleep History intake form and return it to Loving Lessons at least 48 hours prior to consultation appointment.
- During the consultation Loving Lessons & Client will meet, discuss, and create a plan together that addresses the Client's child’s sleep and feeding patterns and sleep environment. Loving Lessons and Client will work together to create a personal sleep plan for Client’s child. As a collaborator in Client's plan, Client will provide Client's parental expertise and unique input about Client's child(ren).
- Private Coaching begins after the clients one on one sleep consultation.
- Private Coaching is designed to answer more of Client's questions, adjust Client's sleep plan, keep Client focused on Client's personal sleep goals and offer additional sleep support.
- Private coaching EXPIRES after the Client’s designated length of time based upon the program details purchased.
- This will include: unlimited calls, text, audio, and video messages and review of logs during the designated time based on the program the Client has purchased.
- Loving Lessons will email the details using What's App after the consultation.
- Private coaching is NOT on demand coaching.
- The unlimited calls, text, video, and audio messages during the private coaching period will have a 24 hour period response time, except for on the weekend where Loving Lessons practices a 24 hour period of rest based on our family schedule which would then result in a 36 hour period of response.
- Phone follow-up calls are designed to answer more of Client's questions, adjust Client's sleep plan, keep Client focused on Client's personal sleep goals and offer additional sleep support.
- Usually phone follow-ups are spread out over 2 to 12 weeks depending on the client's needs and sleep program.
- Client will call the Loving Lessons for Phone-Follow ups.
Group Coaching- Sleep Coaching Success Group
Loving Lessons offers a sleep group coaching program to improve client’s sleep habits and overall well-being. Sleep Coaching Success includes 2 months of access to Healthy Sleep Foundations & Sleep Workshop (HSF & SW), The Parent Hub, and Group Coaching. .
When client is an active member, the Sleep Coaching Success Membership includes:
- Healthy Sleep Foundations & The Sleep Workshop course
- The Parent Hub- Resource Library
- Access to a private Facebook group which includes:
- Daily check in’s- review of sleep logs, sleep plans, and questions.
- Weekly Family Meetings are the group coaching to get support, feedback, and questions answered.
- Family Meetings will be recorded.
- Replays will be posted in the private Facebook group.
Group coaching guidelines:
- Be respectful.We're all in this together to create a space for parents to work and practice on the hard things together. Let's treat everyone with respect. Parenting perspectives, experiences will vary, but kindness is required.
- Share your wins & your challenges! Let's celebrate! Learning is a process and the work that happens, little by little is all about progress and not perfection. Making change and being sleep deprived is hard. Share your challenges and struggles to get answers to help support you through the journey.
- Participation. Participation in the family meeting is optional, but highly recommended. Clients may choose to share as much or as little. Family meetings will be recorded and replays will be available in the private Sleep Coaching Success group.
- No hate speech or bullying. Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- No promotions or spam. Give more than you take in this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren't allowed. Please email me at [email protected] to discuss opportunities for collaboration.
- Respect everyone's privacy. Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What's shared in the group should stay in the group.
- Confidentiality. All information shared in the group sessions shared is confidential and should not be disclosed.
- No giving out medical or lactation advice. This group is for educational purposes. Topics in this group are about sleep and parenting.
- Liability. Loving Lessons is not responsible for any direct or indirect consequences resulting from the group coaching program. Client assume all responsibility for their actions and decisions made during and after the Sleep Coaching Success Program.
- Modifications. Loving Lessons reserves the right to modify the program, schedule, content or terms and conditions with reasonable notice.
- Termination. Loving Lessons reserves the right to terminate a clients enrollment to the program for reasons including but not limited to disruptive behavior or non-compliance with program guidelines.
- Intellectual property. All program materials, including but not limited to videos, documents, and worksheets are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or distributed without permission from Loving Lessons.
- No outside sleep consultants. This group is not to be used to promote the services of yourself or someone you know, as a sleep consultant. For opportunities to collaborate please email me at [email protected]
- We hold the right to block and remove comments, at our discretion, that we feel violate our rules or go against the spirit of the community feeling that we are building.
- 3 strike policy. To protect the integrity and members of our group, a 3 strikes policy is in place. While violating some rules will result in an instant ban (advertising services or spam, for instance), we will allow 2 warnings for other violations. Members will be notified when they have broken a rule and the admin team will keep track of such violations. In the 3rd instance, a member will be removed from the group. We truly do not want to remove anyone - let's support each other on this parenting journey!
- Continued Membership. After 2 months from purchase date, 8 weeks, clients may continue the Sleep Coaching Success Program mentorship which includes the HSF & SW, Parent Hub, & Sleep Coaching Success Facebook group at a monthly or annual rate.
Loving Lessons Sleep Coach Commitment to Client. Loving Lessons will:
- Respect Client, Client's family, and Client's parenting style.
- Allow Client to make informed decisions for Client's family.
- Provide age appropriate recommendations based on the Client's child's age. Client's child's adjusted age will be used, if/ when needed.
- Prepare for Client's session in advance by reviewing Client's sleep history intake form.
- Review Client's sleep and feeding/eating logs and ask questions to understand Client's unique family situation.
- Keep Client information confidential.
Client Role. Client's participation is important for the sleep program to be effective. Client agrees to:
- Keep a sleep/wake/eating log during the time Loving Lessons & Client are working together.
- Carry out the steps in the sleep plan Loving Lessons & Client develop.
- Communicate openly and honestly with Loving Lessons about any questions and concerns about Client's child’s sleep, including any special needs, health issues, medical conditions, and/or emotional situations.
- Discuss Client's experiences so Loving Lessons and Client may make any adjustments to the initial plan.
- If Client sees that the program is not working as Client desires, communicate feedback to Loving Lessons to better address desired goals.
- Acknowledge and understand that the sleep coaching program’s effectiveness depends upon consistent follow through of Client's plan, both during and after the work together.
Loving Lessons Services are not Medical Advice.
Client understands that Loving Lessons is not a medical professional or practice and will not advise Client on medical conditions or make medical diagnoses.
Client understands that Client's child’s sleep patterns or difficulty sleeping may be symptomatic of a condition for which medical intervention or medical treatment is advised. If Loving Lessons or Client has any reason to believe that Client's child’s sleep difficulties may be related to a medical condition or that Client's child has health concerns that may be adversely affected by sleep coaching, it is advisable to consult with Client's child’s doctor before beginning the sleep coaching process.
Client is solely responsible for discussing any possible medical conditions with Client's child’s physician or other health professional. Client understands that Client assumes primary responsibility for the health of Client's child and, to the extent permitted by law, Client will not hold Loving Lessons responsible for any outcomes resulting from complications that are outside of Loving Lessons control.
Client agrees to follow safe sleeping practices in line with SIDS recommendations.
Reliance on any information provided by Loving Lessons is solely at your own risk.
Sleep Program Fees
Client agrees to pay the fee agreed to in Client's Sleep Program Fee for the services and Deliverables considered in this Agreement. Client agrees to pay Loving Lessons the Sleep Program Fee by credit or debit card before Loving Lessons begins providing the services under this Agreement.
Services will begin upon payment.
- Client will have access to the client portal to begin the sleep program.
- Client will have access to resources and materials to prepare for the consultation
- Client will have unlimited access thereafter to the digital materials.
- Client will have access to the Loving Lessons calendar to schedule the 2 hour consultation.
- Client’s Sleep consultation session will be virtual via Google Meet.
- Client private coaching sessions will be via What's App.
- Client Follow-Ups are via phone call.
- Client will have access to the Loving Lessons calendar to schedule 15-30 minute Phone follow-ups.
- Phone follow-ups with the Client Sleep program DO NOT EXPIRE and can be used for monthly, quarterly, or yearly check-ins as needed.
Extended support are additional phone-follow ups that can be added to any sleep program. Extended support calls DO NOT have an expiration date.
Loving Lessons will maintain the strictest confidence concerning your family’s information. Client also agree that you will not share the proprietary information that Loving Lessons provides to you with anyone.
Insurance. Loving Lessons does not accept insurance. Client may submit invoices to Client's insurance Loving Lessons, but Loving Lessons cannot guarantee reimbursement for fees or for expenses Client may incur for, during or after the coaching sessions.
HSA & FSA Payments. Some HSA & FSA companies allow for sleep coaching services to be covered. Be sure to check with Client's HSA & FSA guidelines for eligibility and limitations.
Loving Lessons does not offer any refunds for services that have already been delivered.
Loving Lessons has held nothing back in creating this sleep program for clients for online products, training, and services that are delivered instantly and full of over 20 + years of knowledge, experience and time. And that also comes with hours of hands-on help, time, training, and energy. Clients have unlimited and ongoing access to their personal Client Portal, Preparing for the Consultation support, The Sleep Workshop (coming soon), and Resource Library (coming soon.) Due to the nature of the digital courses, videos, handouts, these things cannot be returned and there are no refunds for these items once delivered.
Private coaching is limited in time from the date of the consultation and the length is based on the program purchased. There are no refunds for Private coaching.
Phone follow up calls do not expire. They can be used on an as needed basis as your child grows and can be transferred to another child in your immediate family to address any sleep and parenting concerns. For this reason there are no refunds on phone follow-up calls.
Loving Lessons goals is to equip you with tools and strategies to become a calm, confident, and rested parent so Loving Lessons is committed to giving you all the tools and support you need to start your path to sleep filled nights. Because Loving Lessons wants you to experience the amazing results possible in this program, once the program materials have been sent out and delivered, there are no refunds. Sleep programs are designed to meet Client needs and support Clients at their pace.
Loving Lessons has created this policy so that Loving Lessons & Client are both accountable for Client success. Loving Lessons is here to support you every step of the way!
If Client has any questions about the sleep program, Loving Lessons wants to make sure to answer them before Client signs up. Please email Loving Lessons any questions at [email protected] or call Loving Lessons at 919-414-2978, so we can make sure this sleep program is a good fit for the Client's family.
Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure
Loving Lessons recognizes and acknowledges that the services rendered to Client may reveal confidential information that is proprietary and personal to Client. “Confidential Information” means all material, non-public, business-related information, written or oral, whether or not it is marked that is disclosed or made available to Loving Lessons, directly or indirectly, through any means of communication or observation. Loving Lessons agrees not to share and agrees to take reasonable measures to protect Client’s Confidential Information.
Conversely, Client recognizes and acknowledges that the services rendered to Client by Loving Lessons may also reveal Confidential Loving Lessons Information that is proprietary to Loving Lessons. Loving Lessons has developed a step-by-step process to work with clients. This process along with any materials drafted by the Loving Lessons and provided to Client are confidential. Client agrees not to share these materials with others. Client agrees to take reasonable measures to protect Loving Lessons’s confidential information.
Warranties and Representations
The Parties warrant and represent that they are free to enter into this Agreement and have the authority to do so. The Parties warrant that all statements made in and in preparation of this Agreement are true.
Limit of Liability
Liability shall be limited to the Sleep Program purchased. Except as prohibited by law, Loving Lessons shall not be liable to Client or to any other person or entity for any general, punitive, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or lost profits, or any other damages, costs or losses arising out of the Loving Lessons’s services, materials, or products, including attorney’s fees and related expenses of litigation and arbitration. Except as prohibited by law, to the extent there is liability found as to the Loving Lessons, such recovery is limited to the amount the Client paid for materials, products, or services.
Loving Lessons Indemnification and Release
To the extent permitted by law, each party hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the other and their respective managers, officers, members, partners, affiliates, owners, shareholders, beneficiaries, and their respective employees, agents, and contractors (collectively, "Representatives'') against all claim/losses, liabilities, damages, expenses, and costs arising out of or connected with the negligence or intentional misconduct of such party or its Representatives. Further, Client on behalf of itself and its owners, affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, employees, agents, contractors, and consultants (collectively "Releasor"), waives any rights to recover from, and hereby forever agrees to release and hold harmless, Loving Lessons and their respective owners, parent companies, affiliates, partners and subsidiaries, directors, officers, members, participants, employees, consultants, agents, legal representatives and assigns from any and all claims, costs, personal injuries, deaths, expenses, damages, actions and liabilities, of any nature, whether direct or indirect, known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen (collectively "Claims") , arising from or relating to any acts or omissions by any third party.
Neither party shall be held liable or responsible to the other party nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement for failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any obligation under this Agreement when such failure or delay is caused by or results from causes beyond the reasonable control of the affected party, including but not limited to fire, floods, embargoes, war, acts of war, insurrections, riots, strikes, lockouts or other labor disturbances, or acts of God; provided, however, that the party so affected shall use reasonable commercial efforts to avoid or remove such causes of nonperformance, and shall continue performance hereunder with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed. Either party shall provide the other party with prompt written notice of any delay or failure to perform that occurs by reason of force majeure.
Should any litigation be commenced between the parties to this Agreement, concerning any provision of this Agreement or the rights and obligations of any party, the prevailing party shall be entitled reimbursement of a reasonable sum of their attorney's fees in such litigation which shall be determined by the Court in such litigation or in a separate action brought for that purpose.
No waiver of any default by any party or parties to this Agreement shall be implied from any omission by a party or parties to any action on account of such default. If such default persists or is repeated, no express waiver shall affect any default other than the default specified in the express waiver, and that only for the time and to the extent therein stated.
All article, paragraph, and section headings set forth in the Agreement are intended for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning, construction, or effect of this Agreement or any of the provisions thereof.
Modification by Subsequent Agreement
This Agreement may be modified by subsequent agreement of the parties only by an instrument in writing signed by both of them.
Loving Lessons and Client agree to try to settle all disputes between them through private mediation before initiating any arbitration, litigation, or other dispute resolution procedure. The mediation session will occur at a time mutually agreed upon by the parties in consultation with a mutually selected mediator, though no later than thirty days after the date of services of the initial notice, unless otherwise agreed by the parties and mediator. Each party shall bear its own fees and costs for the mediation. The parties agree to mediate in Wake County, North Carolina.
The Parties agree that any dispute that may arise as related to this Agreement shall be brought in a court within Wake County.
Sole and Only Agreement
This Agreement contains the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes any and all other prior written Contracts and understandings (whether oral or written) between the parties. No amendment or modification of this Agreement shall be effective unless executed in writing by both parties.
Assignment; Successors and Assigns
Client agrees that Client will not assign, sell, transfer, delegate, or otherwise dispose of, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or by operation of law, any rights or obligations under this Agreement. Any such purported assignment, transfer, or delegation shall be null and void. Client represents that Client has not previously assigned or transferred any claims or rights released by him pursuant to this Agreement. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement shall be binding upon and shall insure to the benefit of the Parties and their respective heirs, successors, attorneys, and permitted assigns. This Agreement shall not benefit any other person or entity except as specifically enumerated in this Agreement.
Loving Lessons Site
Loving Lessons operates the Site www.Loving-lessons.com and is providing information and services contained on the Site as a benefit to visitors to the Site. The information on this Site is provided solely for educational and resource provision purposes. Such information and services are not intended to be specific medical, health, business or other professional advice or direction. If Client has specific questions regarding Client's health or health status, contact Client's physician or other health care provider.
Last updated: August 1, 2023